Hollywood - Calling All Artists!
Your talents are needed to transform downtown Hollywood street intersections and crosswalks in works of art. The Hollywood Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) is currently seeking proposals from artists and graphic designers to submit their original two-dimensional intersection and crosswalk designs. If chosen, their design could be used to paint four intersections in downtown Hollywood. The painted intersections will add a compelling piece of art to an unexpected location, add to the artistic vibe in downtown and will serve as additional safety features for pedestrians.
Painted intersections have been shown to guide pedestrians to cross at the proper location which could otherwise be unrecognized and they remind motorists to slow down and stop well clear of the intersection thereby providing an extra layer of protection for pedestrians.
Entry requirements and other details are as follows:
- The design should be an abstract, repeating pattern that is easily translated into a stencil.
- Shapes must be solid colors; no gradients.
- The color palette will be limited to the colors featured on the Streetbrick – XL Color Card.
- Crosswalk design must be clearly identified as a pedestrian walkway.
- Artwork must be based on a six foot wide crosswalk.
- The design may be modified for ease of application.
- This project is functional public art and will serve the purpose of providing a safe and beautiful street enhancement.
- Each artist may only submit one design for consideration.
The downtown Hollywood Mural Review Committee will review all submitted applications and make the final selections. Criteria are based on artistic excellence, creativity and adherence to the entry requirements. The winning designers will each receive a payment of $1,000.00 for the purchase and use of their artwork.
This project is open to all artists and graphic designers 18 years of age and older currently residing in Florida. The deadline for applications is Thursday, November 1, 2018. Winning applicants will be contacted by Monday, December 1, 2018.
For additional questions, please contact Jill Weisberg at 954.924.2980 or via email at email@example.com. To view the color card, and download the application form and design template visit http://www.hollywoodcra.org/calltoartists.