Driving around Hollywood, you may have seen the big, bright white boxes emblazoned with the words “Clothing & Shoes” on all sides. 37 new textile donation boxes are in place throughout the City, in partnership with the Hollywood Police Department and FLSC, LLC. FLSC specializes in textile recycling and works with both for-profit and non-profit organizations to collect, manage and distribute donations to domestic and international charities, thrift stores, wholesalers and retailers.
The goal of the partnership is to provide donation bins in convenient public and private property locations throughout the City. Donors are encouraged to drop off gently-used clothing, sneakers, linens, and textiles for recycling and upcycling. As part of the franchise agreement with FLSC, the Hollywood Police Department will receive up to $100,000 in revenue which will be used to fund the following community programs:
• The Hollywood Police Athletic League
• The Hollywood Police Explorers Program
• The Hollywood Youth Ambassador Program
• The Hollywood Police Department’s Homeless Family Reunification Program
Textile Bin Donation Locations in Hollywood
• 7-Eleven - 6399 Sheridan Street
• Advanced Auto Parts - 1200 N. Dixie Highway
• Advanced Auto Parts - 1530 N. Federal Highway
• Badcock Home Furniture Store - 2147 Pembroke Road
• Chevron Gas - 3501 Hollywood Boulevard
• Chevron Gas - 6200 Hollywood Boulevard
• Chevron Gas - 1625 S. Federal Highway
• Chevron Gas - 2730 Sheridan Street
• Citgo Gas Station - 5601 Johnson Street
• City Hall - 2600 Hollywood Boulevard
• CVS - 2701 Stirling Road
• CVS-Post Haste Plaza - 4401 Sheridan Street #2
• CVS - 900 South State Road 7
• Exxon Gas - 6390 Sheridan Street
• Greater Hollywood YMCA Family Center - 3161 Taft Street
• Hollywood Beach Culture and Community Center - 1301 South Ocean Drive
• Hollywood Police Athletic League - 2311 North 23rd Avenue
• K-1 Speed Indoor Racing - 2950 Stirling Road
• KFC - 5951 Sheridan Street
• Kiko Oil - 6381 Johnson Street
• Kwik Stop Store - 2600 NW 72nd Avenue
• Marathon Gas - 2440 North State Road 7
• Marathon Gas-Johnson Street - 3034 Johnson Street
• Marathon Gas - 3325 Pembroke Road
• Marathon Gas - 2547 Sheridan Street
• Mobil Gas - 5950 Sheridan Street
• My Eye Lab - 311 South State Road 7
• Oakwood Plaza - 3800 Oakwood Boulevard
• Richard’s Hardware - 7001 Taft Street
• Shell Gas - 2414 North Federal Highway
• Shell Gas - 815 North Federal Highway
• Shell Gas - 2501 North University Drive
• Speedway Gas Station - 6395 Taft Street
• Subway - 6582 Taft Street
• USA Check Cashing - 1655 North Federal Highway
• Walgreens - 890 North State Road 7
• Walgreens - 5999 Pembroke Road
For additional information on the Textile Recycling Donation Program, please call the Hollywood Police Department Special Operations Division at 954.967.4569.
Mobility Improvements Project Set to Begin on Hollywood Boulevard
Construction will begin next week on a $2.3 million mobility improvement project along Hollywood Boulevard and Pines Boulevard from east of US 27 to just west of I-95 and on Flamingo Road from Pembroke Road to NW 4th Street. The project begins on August 25, 2018 with an anticipated completion of Summer of 2019.??The Broward Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) is investing over $300 million to create safer, healthier communities in Broward. This project is one of many within a larger plan to create enhanced bicycle, pedestrian, and public transportation access throughout the Broward region.
Mobility improvements planned for the City of Hollywood include?
• Widening, resurfacing, and restriping roadway to add bike lanes in both directions
• Upgrading pedestrian ramps and crosswalks
• Extending the length of turn lanes?
?• Access to properties will be maintained at all times.
• Lane closures will occur during non-peak hours between 9 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. or 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
• Lane closure information will be provided in the weekly traffic report distributed by FDOT
For more information, please contact Randy Rosa, P.E.– FDOT Construction Project Administrator at: 954.958.7674. Or Rebecca Guerrero–Community Outreach Specialist at: 954.940.7605.?