If you would like to submit an announcement for our Community Calendar in the paper or on-line, where you are guaranteed placement weekly, please send it to: Larry Blustein, Community Calendar Editor, 305 Northwest 10th Terrace, Hallandale Beach, Florida 33009; Fax: (954) 458-0765. Or via e-mail to: SFSUNTIMES@aol.com. For a complete listing of all Community Calendar items, please check out our website at: www.southfloridasuntimes.com. Also follow us on Twitter @sfsuntimes.
• Attention: Mental Health Professionals – Explore your opportunity to treat clients in the brief modality protocol of Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART) for PTSD or other trauma based events in one to three sessions. Evidence based and 4 year efficacy studies are published. Call toll free 877-675-7153 or visit ARTworksNow.com for training schedule or to contact a staff member.
• Attention: Sufferers from PTSD or other trauma based issues, seek a qualified Accelerated Resolution Therapist (ART) or visit ARTworksNow.com for a list of therapists closest to you. Study participants in ongoing trials may be in your area. Toll free 877-675-7153 for confidential call.
• American Legion Post 92, 211 North 21st Avenue, Hollywood, (954) 923-2760. Lunch daily Monday through Saturday. Monday evenings, Pizza night, Tuesday dinner with Barbara, Wednesday barbecue with steaks, ribs and chicken along with karaoke. Friday night, Guido's menu with karaoke. Saturday dinner with entertainment weekly. On February 14th, the Ladies Auxiliary Annual Valentine's Day dinner dance. One of the best evenings around. Get your tickets early. Tickets are being sold at the bar. Dinner and dance only $15.00 per person. Thursday's Bingo. Open to all. Starts at 6 p.m. Get your seats early. Food is also available.
• Lunch and Learn, Tips for a Healthy Heart, Friday February 12th 11-1:30pm. Free Glucose, Cholesterol and Blood Pressure. Locatel and Home Advantage will provide a light lunch. Event will be held at The Hallandale Cultural Community Center 410 SE 3rd Street Hallandale Beach, Fl. 33009. For more information please contact the Hallandale Beach Area Chamber at 954-454-0541.
• The Italian American Civic League of Broward County invites you to join them at their Monthly Dinner Dance on February 20, 2016 at their club 700 South Dixie Highway, Hollywood, Florida 33020. We will be celebrating Mardi Gras and there will be a prize for the best Mask! Music will be provided by the popular Giovanni DiPiazza. Enjoy an Italian Dinner and an evening of listening & dancing to popular music. Cost is $30.00 per person, for non members and $25.00 per person for members. Reservations are required with payment by February 17th. Bring you own Wine or drinks, Coffee & Tea are provided, soft drinks can be purchased. Plenty of free parking is available. For Reservations call Paula 954-444-9883 For additional information on the Club and their activities check the website, www.iaclofbroward.com.
• PAL of Hallandale Beach 18th. Antique Show at the Cultural Community Center of Hallandale Beach, 410 SE 3rd. Street, Hallandale Beach, Florida 33009. Saturday, February 20, 2016, from 9:00AM to 5:00PM. Sunday, February 21, 2016, from 11:00AM to 4:00PM. $2.00 admission fee covers both days entrance, $1.00 off of admission with a coupon, ad, or email. Over 35 vendors of antiques and collectible porcelains, silver, crystal, jewelry, art, furniture, books, toys, vintage apparel will be on hand. Professional appraiser on site, Saturday, February 20, From 10:00AM until 2:00PM. Appraisal fee of $3.00 per item is charged. Concession and lounge available to the public. For further information, contact Kenneth Moseley: email@example.com. 954-296-0156.
The Irish-American Ceili Club invites you to our next Irish dance party on Saturday, February 27 @ 7 pm at the American Legion, Post 92 - 211 North 21st Avenue, Hollywood. Music by Sharon & Mike Bourke, playing Irish & American dance music. Admission $10 members & $12 guests More info @ 754-281-7202. Check Meetup.com for info.
• CASTING CALL. The 5th Annual Snappy Seniors Fun Follies Show will be held in May at the YMCA in Hollywood. Tap, Jazz, Ballroom, Latin, Rock and Zumba dancers are needed. As are singers (Solos, Trios & Quartet), musicians (Guitar, KeyBoard, Sax, Drums, Band). Rehearsals are held Monday & Wednesday at 11:45 a.m. in Studio West. For more information, call Edina at 954-987-7699.
• There will be an Antique & Flea Market Fundraiser on Saturday, March 19 at Little Flower Church located at 1805 Pierce Street in Hollywood from 8am-2pm. Get a bang for your buck at this bargain shopper's event including a variety of items, unique collectibles and antiques, jewelry, coins, glassware, new and used items, plants, clothing, silverware, and much, much more. Bring in your jewelry, gold, broken gold, silver, coins and antiques for cash. Buyer on premises. Admission is free. For more information, please call 305-951-7349 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Vendor space is still available. Directions: Take I-95 and exit on Sheridan Street. Go east on Sheridan Street. Go south on U.S. 1 (Federal Highway). The church is located on the corner of U.S. 1 and Pierce Street.