If you would like to submit an announcement for our "Community Events" listing in the print and digital edition, please call our office at: (954) 458-0635 or via e-mail: SFSUNTIMES@aol.com. The cost per week is: $25.00 for approximately 5 lines. For a complete listing of all Community Events, please check out our web-site at: www.southfloridasuntimes.com. Also, follow us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/sfsuntimes.
Weekly Community Events:
• American Legion Unit 310 - Come and join us for our Monthly Breakfast April 5, 2020. Breakfast includes eggs any style, meat of choice, biscuit and gravy, homefries, pancake, toast of choice above includes a Bloody-mary or Screwdriver and all the coffee you can drink. The price is $8.00 time 9-12. The Post serves Dinner Special Friday is Fish Fry. Call post for any unscheduled dinner during the week. KARAOKE Thursday 6-10 with Uncle Charlie. CLR BINGO Saturday 6-?. FLEA MARKET Saturday MARCH 28, 2020 to sell Spaces are $10 per space call post for Info. NOTE : CALL POST PRIOR TO COMING TO SEE IF ANY CHANGES HAS OCCURRED FOR ANY EVENTS AND THE BREAKFAST. Add 225 S.E. 1st Ave, Hallandale Bch, 954-454-6444.
• Advisory Boards & Committees - The City of Hallandale Beach invites you to get involved in matters relating to our community by volunteering on a board and/or committee. Volunteers are needed to serve in an advisory capacity for the Boards and Committees of the City of Hallandale Beach. Members of Boards and Committees are appointed by the City Commission. In general, the Boards and Committees meet, research and report their findings and recommendations to the City Commission on their assigned topics. Visit COHB.ORG/BoardsAndCommittees.
• Scholarship Deadline: Hallandale Scholarship Fund Inc. application deadline extended to May 1 - www.hallandalescholarshipfund.org
• Retired Volunteers Needed - Do you enjoy helping people, socializing and be a part of a great volunteer group? Aventura Hospital and Medical Center is looking for happy and pleasant volunteers to greet, answer phones, light computer work and engage with the community. Contact Volunteer Services 305 682-7391.
• Jewish Social Club for retirees and seniors - back by popular demand! The Café Chai Winter Series will take place every month from now through April, on the first Thursday. Exact dates are: Mar 5 and Apr 2. It will begin at 12:30 PM at the Hallandale Cultural Community Center – 410 SE 3rd St. Admission is free, donations are welcome. Reservations required, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 305-770-4540.
• Rotary Club of Hallandale Beach Aventura - The group meets every Wednesday at 12:00 at Blu Bar & Grill at the Hemispheres Oceanside. Please call for information and events 954-454-2080 (leave a message) or email RotaryClubHallandaleAventura@gmail.com.
• Kiwanis Club of Hallandale Beach - The group meets the second and fourth Thursday at Noon at Las Vegas Cuban Cuisine at 1727 East Hallandale Beach Blvd. Join in their efforts to support our local youth. For more information, please call: (954) 907-2392.
Ongoing Community Events Each Month:
• We're Back Aging Gracefully - Every Tuesday & Thursday 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. The City of Dania Beach hosts adult coloring, art therapy, bingo, bridge, dominos, enhance fitness, movies, poker and basic computer classes. The event will take place at C.W. Thomas park 100 Northwest 8th Avenue in Dania Beach. For more information, call: (954) 924-3692. Or visit: daniabeachfl.gov/cwthomas.
• The Walkers Club - Every Monday & Wednesday from 6 p.m. - 7 p.m. The walks will be held at Thomas Park, 100 Northwest 8th Avenue, Frost Park, 300 Northeast 2nd Street, in Dania Beach as well as PJ Meli Park, 2998-2850 Southwest 52nd Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33312. For more information contact the Dania Beach Parks Department at 954-924-6800 ext 3730.
• The Aventura – N. Miami Beach Lions Club welcomes you, your family and friends to join us, we meet every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 12 noon, at Duffy’s Sports Grill, 3969 NE 163rd Street, Sunny Isles Beach, Fl. 33160. Join us in food, fun, friendship, and service to others. For more information please call Carmen Gomez at (954) 850-1407.”
• Volunteer Instructors Needed - Do you enjoy engaging with older adults? Do you believe all people should strive as they age? Do you have experience in understanding the internet and e-mails? Want to have a positive impact on others by teaching them skills to enhance their lives? Call the South Florida Institute of Aging at: (954) 484-7117 Extension: 7 for more information.
• Aventura Hospital Volunteer Program Opportunities - If you are looking for a challenging volunteer position, Aventura Hospital has many to offer. Patient Escort, Surgical Waiting Room, Human Resources, Mail Room, Front Desk and Dietary. Please contact Volunteer Office: (305) 682-7391.
• Toastmasters Hollywood Toastmasters Club - Become the speaker and leader you want to be. Every Monday at 7:00 p.m. at Driftwood Community Center 3000 Northwest 69th Avenue, Hollywood, Florida 33024, for info, call: (954) 309-5751. Member of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce.
• Diabetes Support Group - Join us for a free location Diabetes support group! Learn how to use your body weight and your daily self-monitored blood sugars to check your diabetes prescription. See how to improve your blood sugar control. Hands-on experience will be through personal computers provided for each participant every Tuesday 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Hollywood Beach Culture and Community Center 1301 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood. For more info: (954) 270-2662.