If you would like to submit an announcement for our Community Calendar in the paper or on-line, please call our office at: 954-458-0635. Or via e-mail at: SFSUNTIMES@aol.com. The cost per week is $25 for approximately 5 lines. For a complete listing of all Community Calendar items, please check out our web-site at: www.southfloridasuntimes.com. Also follow us on FACEBOOK at: https://www.facebook.com/sfsuntimes.
• Attention: Mental Health Professionals – Explore your opportunity to treat clients in the brief modality protocol of Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART) for PTSD or other trauma based events in one to three sessions. Evidence based and 4 year efficacy studies are published. Call toll free 877-675-7153 or visit ARTworksNow.com for training schedule or to contact a staff member.
• Attention: Sufferers from PTSD or other trauma based issues, seek a qualified Accelerated Resolution Therapist (ART) or visit ARTworksNow.com for a list of therapists closest to you. Study participants in ongoing trials may be in your area. Toll free 877-675-7153 for confidential call.
• Mayor’s State of the City Address Friday February 24th 11:30a-1:00p Hallandale Culture Center 410 SE 3rd Street Hallandale Beach FREE Admission for State of the City Address Lunch sponsored by Hallandale Beach Chamber Catered by Flashback Diner Prepayment Is Required for Lunch Reservation $ 20 Members $ 25 Guests Chamber 954-454-0541
• The Hallandale-Aventura Rotary Foundation has scholarships available to graduating seniors from area high schools, if they are residents of Hallandale Beach or Aventura. Please contact Susan Mandel 954-454-1444 during the work week, or check with your guidance or BRACE department.
• 39th Everglades Bluegrass Fest - Feb. 24, 25 & 26, 2017 at Greynolds Park, 18501 NE 22nd Ave, NMB. Fri: The Lilly Mountaineers. Sat: The Special Consenus, The Lilly Mountaineers, The Other Guys, Scattered Grass. Sun: Various Gospel Performances, Mike & Mary, Lonesome Meadow. Rough camping or RV parking available. Bring a chair or blanket. NO coolers or smoking near stage. Advance 3-day tickets are $30. Parking is $7 daily for cars - $15 for RV's. For tickets or more information, call the South Florida Bluegrass Assocation at: (305) 358-1800 or www.southfloridabluegrss.com.
• BUSINESS CARD EXCHANGE: Date: March 1st – Time: 8am-9:30 am The Aventura-Sunny Isles Beach Chamber hosts its “Monthly Breakfast Meeting) (1st Wed of the Month) Place: Moe’s Bagel & Deli|2780 NE 187 St Aventura, Fl. Member FREE, Potential New Members $10.00. Networking & Special Guest Speaker. Details call 305 773-5167
• The Rotary Club of Hallandale Beach-Aventura meets every Wednesday at 12:15 pm at Adena (Conference Room) in Village of Gulfstream Park
• CURCI HISTORICAL 1924 RESTORED HOUSE 324 SW 2nd. Ave. Hallandale Beach FL.Weekdays 954-457-1452. Tour day Saturday March 4th. 954-458-8474, 11 AM to 4 PM. Free.
• Hallandale Symphonic Pops Orchestra proudly presents its 2016-2017 season. This season shows will be held 03/07/17. For ticket information, please contact the Pops Box Office at 954-624-6829.
• HISTORIC RESTORED 1910 WOODEN SCHOOLHOUSE OPEN FOR TOURS 648 NW 2nd. St. Hallandale Beach, FL. Come see where our pioneer children went to school.
Saturday March 18m 12 PM to 3 PM, Free. Weekdays 954-457-1452.
• Snappy Seniors Annual Fun Follies Show coming to the Hollywood YMCA, This is a casting call for entertainers and fun people - dancers, musicians, choral groups, comedy groups, singers and poetry lovers come share your talent with us. The event is well attended and covered by local media. Call Edina at 954 987 7699.
• Music lovers if you love to sing, join the weekly rehearsal of the Choruspondents of Hollywood, Inc. every Thurs. from 9:45 a.m. to 12:00 noon at McNicol's Community Center, 1411 S. 28th Ave., Hollywood. We perform recitals at schools, condos and special events. We feature Broadway and other favorite works. For more info, contact Director Elaine at (305) 947-5108.
• Kiwanis Club of Hallandale Beach meets the second and fourth Thursday at Noon at Brio Tuscan Grille in Gulfstream Village. 600 Silks Run. Join in our efforts to support our local youth. For more information please call 954-907-2392.
• Step Into Enlightenment Vedanta - Philosophy - Meditation. For people who have illnesses such as cancer, pain, lack, headaches, depression, insomnia. Every 1st & 3rd Saturday of the month. Located at Hollywood Beach, 10:00 a.m. Sharp! Required: Cushion, notebook, text book. For more details, call (754) 703-4815 & to register.
• Learn Ballroom & Latin Dances from Swing to Salsa and everything in between. Classes are on Tuesdays at 1:00 pm. Memorial Senior Partners & Community Center, 1301 South Ocean Dr., Hollywood. Singles and Couples welcome. $8.00. Free Parking with pass from Center. Add'l Infor. 954.924.2954.
• Memorial Senior Partners Hollywood Beach Culture & Community Center. 1301 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood, Florida 33019. 954-924-2954. Yoga class with Carol Parvati Cohen You will need your own mat & towel. $10 for members, non-members pay additional $5. Tuesday 2:00 p.m. Friday 10:45 a.m.
• Hollywood - Fridays - For Non-Catholics, a bible study on "The bible proves the teachings of the Catholic Church." Call John at: (954) 925-3729.
• Hatha Yoga with Karen. Thursdays 2-3:15PM, Hollywood Beach Cultural Center, 1301 S Ocean Dr (b/t Azalea and Beauganvilla) $7/free parking! 954-454-6308.
• Hatha Yoga Classes (Sivananda Method), Breathing, exercise, relaxation ...Tuesday & Thursday Evenings from 6:30 pm to 8:15 pm at the Hollywood Beach Culture and Community Center, 1301 S. Ocean Drive, Hollywood. Plus-sized Yoga Instructor Saraswati has been teaching the HBCCC evening Yoga class for 11 years and welcomes students of ALL sizes and ages who are interested in the practice of Yoga. For more information, call Saraswati directly at 954-922-2515. Mention the South Florida Sun Times for special class discount.
• Join us for a weekly one hour class. No artistic ability necessary. But if you would like to improve your memory, concentration, eye-hand co-ordination, reduce stress and anxiety — this is the class for you! Excellent outlet for artistic inner self. Appropriate for recovering stroke victims. MEMORIAL SENIOR PARTNERS @ Hollywood Cultural Center, 1301 So. Ocean Drive, HollywoodBeach. Every Monday 10:00-11:00 AM. Members $7, non-members $12. For more info call: 954-665-4393.
• Aventura N. Miami Lions Club meets at Brios Restaurant in Gulfstream Village, on Tuesday twice a month. Please RSVP Carmen Gomez, President at (954) 850-1407 to attend our meeting.
• Business Networking Event sponsored by the Kiwanis Club of Hollywood - Monthly Event - Fourth Tuesday of every month: 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM (EDT), Orangebrook Golf and Country Club 400 Entrada Drive, Hollywood, FL 33021.
• Spanish lessons every Tuesday at the Hollywood Beach Culture and Community Center, located at 1301 S. Ocean Dr., Hollywood. Basic Spanish 10:45 - 11:45 a.m., Intermediate Spanish, 11:45 - 12:45 p.m., $8.00 per class. (954) 921-3600.
• American Legion Post 92, 211 N. 21st Avenue, Hollywood. Lunch daily Monday through Saturday. Monday evenings Pizza night, Tuesday dinner with Barbara, Wednesday barbeque, steak, ribs, chicken and karaoke. Friday night Guido's menu with karaoke. Saturday dinner with entertainment weekly.
• American Legion Post 92, 211 N. 21st Avenue, Hollywood. Bingo every Thursday night. Everyone welcome. Food available thanks to the Ladies Auxiliary.
• VFW POST 2500 814 S DIXIE HWY 33020 - Every Tuesday Country Dinner 5-7 p.m. Every Thursday Italian Night 5-7 p.m. Every Friday our Famous Fish Fry 5-8 pm. Every Sunday, Buffet 1-5pm come watch your favorite team on 10 tvs.
• Aventura Hospital Volunteer Program Opportunities. If you are looking for a challenging volunteer position, Aventura Hospital has many to offer. Patient Escort, Surgical Waiting Room, Human Resources, Mail Room, Front Desk and Dietary. Please contact Sandy Cohn, Volunteer Services 305 682-7395.
• Prostate Cancer Free Support group: Meets the fourth Sunday of every month at Biscayne Medical Arts Plaza, 21110 Biscayne Boulevard, Ground Floor, Aventura. The Biscayne Medical Arts Plaza is located directly across from the Best Buy store on Biscayne Boulevard on 211th Street. Parking is FREE in front of the building. There are highly informative presentations by professionals in this field and are held monthly. Tasty treats and fresh coffee are provided. Guests and spouses are always welcome.
• The Aventura/North Miami Beach Lions Club meets every Tuesday at 12 noon at: “Brio Restaurant in Hallandale Beach - Village at Gulfstream Park, 600 Silk Run, Suite 1205, Hallandale Beach, 33009. Join us for food, fun, friendship and service to others. For information, please call Carmen Gomez at: (954) 850-1407.
• Join us for Torah Study Monday & Thursday evenings, 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. (no charge) with Rabbi Goldsmith at Temple Shuva Israel, which is located at the Publix Shopping Center, next to the HSBC Bank, for more info, call: (305) 933-1177.
• Take Shape Tuesdays" Want to lose weight or get healthier? Come to our weekly gatherings every Tuesday 6-7pm for tastings and client support. Free-No charge Unitarian Church 370 NW 21st Ave., Ft. Lauderdale. Call Abby 954-614-1318.
• The Memorial Cancer Institute, in coordination with the Leukemia Lymphoma Society, offering a free, educational support group for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma patients and their caregivers. This group meets on the second Wednesday evening of every month at Memorial Hospital West, 703 North Flamingo Road. Pre-registration is required. For more information, call the Leukemia Lymphoma Society at: (954) 961-3234.
• Gilda's Club of South Florida: Offers emotional & social support to you and your family, free of charge if you're affected by cancer, you're not alone. Info on membership & activities, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Call: (954) 763-6776.
• U.S. Submarine Vets, Inc.,: Pelican Harbor Base invites qualified submarines to its meetings 3rd Saturday every month at 1 p.m. Located in the VFW post in Fort Lauderdale, 350 Southwest 25th Street. Call Commander Bill Vasquez at: (954) 341-7821 Or call Secretary Jim Roese at: (954) 961-3181.
• Bluegrass jams - Every Saturday from 3 p.m. till 6 p.m.. Come play or listen at the Lake Forest Volunteer Fire station, 3800 Southwest 41st Avenue in West Park, free. For info, call: (954) 600-8958.
• Bridge Games at the Fort Lauderdale Bridge Club, 700 Northeast 6th Terrace, daily at 12:30 p.m. and Sunday at 1:00 p.m. Non-life master point games Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday at 12:30 p.m. Social games Monday and Thursday at 12 noon. Also: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday night games. Lunch available at 11:30 a.m. Call: (954) 761-1577.
• Business referrals! - The Resource Network Group is a business referral organization which meets every Thursday (except the 1st Thursday of the month) from 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. at Grampa's Bakery and Restaurant, 17 Southwest 1st Street, Dania, Florida 33004. Call Alan Saslaw, Esq. at: (954) 315-0137 to see whether we have an opening for your business.
• Dania Beach Chamber - Leads 4 Lunch Networking; 1st & 3rd Wed. $8 includes entrée, drink, tax, tip. Info 954-926-2323
• Dania Beach Chamber - Afterhours Networking; 4th Thur. $5 member $10 future member. Info 954-926-2323.
• Habitat for Humanity of Broward County is seeking weekday construction volunteers to help us eliminate poverty housing. Both skilled and unskilled (who are willing to be trained in one or more construction skills). Monday through Friday starting at 7:30 am. Must be 18 or over. Call Jodi at: (954) 396-3030.
• Tri-City Lions Club, meets 2nd Monday of each month. Piccadilly Cafeteria, 4500 Hollywood Blvd. Call Lion Nina Loaiza: (954) 600-0306 Or Pres. Emily Scavo: (954) 458-2813.
• The Taoist Tai Chi Society, a non-profit organization, has a new tai chi class, beginning on Monday evenings from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Taoist Tai Chi, Sage Plaza - 800 E. Hallandale Beach Blvd., Suite #27. Hallandale Beach.
• Belly Dance With Sandi! Every Tuesday, 11:45-12:45, held at Memorial Sr. Partners, 1726 E. Hallandale Beach Blvd. $5.00 members/ $8.00 nonmembers (All ages, all stages! Fun! Fun! Fun!).
• The National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association: Meets every 3rd Tuesday at 11:30 a.m., at the Hometown Buffet, 1403 East Hallandale Beach Boulevard, Hallandale. Come join us and help us protect our earned benefits. For more information, contact Barbara Giordano at: (305) 919-9082.
• The Rotary Club of Hallandale Beach-Aventura meets every Wednesday at 12:15 PM at Brio Restaurant in Gulfstream Park. Join the world’s largest service organization. For information contact Dr. David Muransky (954) 558-0758.
• Bingo Brigade: Saint Matthew Catholic Church, 542 Blue Heron Drive, Hallandale Beach. Behind the Publix on Hallandale Beach Boulevard and Southeast 14th Avenue. Every Wednesday. Doors open at 10:00 a.m. & games start at 11 a.m. Coffee & Danishes Served. BIG CASH PRIZES! Call: (954) 458-1590.
• The Taoist Tai Chi Society of USA is offering beginners classes on Wednesday, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. At Sage Plaza, 800 East Hallandale Beach Blvd. # 20, Hallandale. For information, call: (954) 455-2474 Or visit: www.taoist.org.
• Paint With Sandi! Every Thursday morning, 9:15- 11:30... I teach a different demo every week! $10 for members, Memorial Sr. Partners, 1726 E. Hallandale Beach Blvd. (305 978-6701).
• Hallandale Beach Kiwanis Club meeting held every 2nd & 4th Thursday, noon at Brio Tuscan Grille 600 Silks Run, Hallandale Beach at the Villages of Gulfstream Park. For info about the Kiwanis Club contact Joe Kessel at: (305) 496-2770.
• State Rep. Joe Gibbons of District 105 and his office staff will be available to answer your questions and discuss your concerns, 9 a.m. until 12 noon, 2nd Friday of every month, Hallandale Beach Cultural Center, 410 Southeast 3rd Street, 3rd Friday of every month at Hollywood Beach Community Center, 1301 South Ocean Drive. Please call for an appointment: (954) 893-5006.
• Line dancing exercises: H2U. Aventura Hospital sponsors line dance classes. Fun and a great exercise, all styles of music. No experience or partner required. Adults. Every Tuesday & Thursday at 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Ingalls Park Community Center, 735 SW 1st St., Hallandale. First 30 minutes of class will be an introduction for beginners. Energetic instructor Robert. $3 for class. Info.: (954) 629-2136.
• American Legion Post 310. New weekly summer menu. Breakfast From 9 A.M.-2 P.M. $4.00 Lunch specials,burgers served, W/ French Fries & Pickle , or Turkey, Pork, Beef Special of the day. All hot lunch meal come with Mashed Potatoes & Veg. amt. $ 5.00 Call for details (954)-454-6444 or come in and see our menu. Corner of S.E 3St. and S. E. 1st ave Hallandale Beach All lunch orders are made fresh.
• City of Hallandale Beach Curci House Tour, 324 SW 2 Ave., from 11am-4pm. FREE. 954-457-1452.
• Kung Fu At Three Islands Park: 1st week is free! Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Call for more info: (305) 903-4500.
• Ballroom & Latin Dance Classes. Learn Swing to Foxtrot, Tango to Salsa and everything in between. Open to couples and singles age 50 and over. Great exercise and way of meeting new people. Every Monday and Thursday 12:15pm to l:30pm. Memorial Senior Partners. 1726 Hallandale Bch. Blvd., 954-457-0501. Members $5.00, Non-Members $10.00. Inquire about membership.
• The Hallandale Jewish Center's "Best Bargain Shop" featuring used men and women's clothing in excellent condition, household items, books, costume jewelry, etc., is open Monday and Thursday mornings from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Proceeds from sales help support the synagogue. Donations are also accepted. Call: (954) 454-9100 at 416 NE 8th Ave. at 4th Court in Hallandale.
• Would you like to join a Start-Up Senior Singles Friendship Club for men and women whose friends have moved away and need to make new friends? Just call (305) 940-3481 to see a movie, go to lunch, dinner, play cards, go to concerts, evening walks on Hollywood Broadwalk, etc. or even just to chat!
• Yoga with certified yoga instructor Karina Skye every Monday at 7 PM. This yoga class is held at The Unitarian Fellowship of South Florida located at 1812 Roosevelt Street, Hollywood, FL 33020. The class costs $10. All levels (from chair to floor) are welcome. Karina will show modified positions when needed. If you intend to participate on the
floor, please bring a yoga mat. For more information please call (954) 292-1581.
• Hollywood Toastmasters Club. Become the Speaker and Leader you want to be. Every Monday at 7:00 pm. Temple Sinai of Hollywood, 1400 N46th Ave, Hollywood. For more information call: (954) 309-5751.
• Christian-oriented Grief Support Group – (Co-ed), Mondays 6pm-7pm. Meeting for 8 weeks. A supportive group providing interactive discussion, strategies and resources to help you understand the grieving process and resolve your loss in life from a Christian perspective. Meets in Hollywood. Call Nick 954-895-6119.
• Women's Empowerment Group - Mondays 6:30pm-7:30pm. Weekly support group for women to become the empowered woman you always hoped to be. With the support of others, move in a new, more positive direction with greater life purpose and intention.. Six (6) Week Commitment $120 Meets in Hollywood. Call Rita 954-920-5020.
• Gay Men Personal Growth Group Mondays 7:30pm-8:30pm, A weekly group to support gay men in their personal growth journey, addressing confidence, assertiveness, boundaries, healthy relationships, coping with stressors, communication skills and more. Meets in Hollywood. $20/wk or $75/month. Call Nick 954-895-6119.
• ATTENTION Middle-Aged Adults to Active Retirees! A ZUMBA Fitness class suited for you! Come to ZUMBA Fitness class on TUESDAY MORNINGS at 9 AM for just $5 per class at the City of Hollywood Fred Lippman Multi-Purpose Center, 2030 Polk St. Hollywood, FL 33020. FREE Parking. ZUMBA Fitness is a Latin and international music inspired, easy-to-follow dance exercise program. Jane's classes are slightly gentler on the knees and joints than some ZUMBA classes, so come dance away stress with high energy music! Beginners welcome! Then ZUMBA Toning, which adds optional 1 lb. hand weights for some songs, is held on THURSDAY MORNINGS at 9 AM for $5 per class at the same Lippman Center, or at 1 PM at the Hollywood Beach Culture and Community Center, 1301 S. Ocean Dr. (A1A), Hollywood, FL 33019 for $8 per class. Instructor: Jane at email@example.com, JanePilliod.zumba.com or 860-961-1887.
• 1st Tuesday of every month. Spirit Drumming - Come drum to the beat of your spirit the first Tuesday of every month at The Unitarian Fellowship of South Florida located at
1812 Roosevelt Street, Hollywood, FL 33020. The drum circle will be held outside around the fire pit (weather permitting) or indoors. For more information please call (954) 292-1581
• The Memorial Senior Partners is offering Spanish Lessons on Tuesdays, Basic at 10.45 and Continuation of Basic at 11.45. The cost is $5.00 per hour. This is an ongoing Program. 1301 S. Ocean Dr., Hollywood. Please call : 954-924-2954.
• CITY OF HOLLYWOOD Zumba fitness class on a drop in basis for only $4 per class. Tuesdays (Jan.-April) 9 to 10 a.m. at Fred Lippman Multi-Purpose Center, 2030 Polk St. Hlwd. Latin & international music inspired dance exercise! All ages! Fun classes of mostly women over 40, 50 & up! Beginners welcome! Just 2 blocks N. of Hlwd. Blvd. & 2 blocks W. of Young Circle. Free parking across street. Instructor Jane, firstname.lastname@example.org. For more info, call (954)921-3408.
• Bring Your Bellies & Bodies, Belly Dance With Sandi, 12;00-1:00, held at Hollywood Beach Culture And Community Center 1301 South Ocean Dr.,Hollywood Memorial Sr. Partners members: $7.00, nonmembers:$12.00. Bring a hip scarf and "Let's Shimmy!"
• Hollywood Kiwanis Club meets every Tuesday, at noon at Orangebrook Country Club Restaurant. We have informative speakers each week, who let us know about our community and many other venues. We are a volunteer organization, helping kids and our community. Each year we donate over $25,000 in scholarships and support "Horses for the Handicapped." Please feel free to join us and be our guest for lunch. Call Diane Struyf for information at: (954) 806-8997 or just come any Tuesday.
• The Hollywood Rotary Club meets each Tuesday at noon for lunch at our clubhouse on North 24th Avenue, 3 blocks north of Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood. Call Bob Lewis for information at: (954) 921-2345, or come any Tuesday.
• Every Tuesday from 12 noon - 1 p.m. Belly dancing with Sandi, just bring your bodies! Line dancing at 1 p.m. with Joanie and Yoga at 2 p.m. with Carol, at Memorial Senior Partners, all ages welcome, call: (954) 457-0501 for more info.
• Tuesdays: Raja Yoga Meditation--Free Classes--enjoy the peace and love within. 10 a.m. - 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. - 8 p.m. each and every Tuesday at the Hollywood Library, 2600 Hollywood Boulevard. Call Roz at: (954) 962-7447.
• Pre-natal Yoga: Helps expectant mothers to prepare for childbirth by strengthening and stretching specific muscles. Memorial Regional Hospital Fitness and Rehabilitation Center offers a 1-hour Pre-Natal Yoga class every Tuesday starting at 5:30 p.m. A physician's consent is required to participate. The first class is free and future classes are included with full gym membership or can be purchased at a discounted rate. For information, call: (954) 985-5800.
• Anxiety & Depression Survival Skills (Co-ed) Wed. 2pm-3pm. A weekly support group for adults suffering from anxiety and depression to gain strategies to cope more effectively with life. Meets n Hollywood. $75/month payable in advance. Call Dena 954-920-5020
• Ladies’ Nite In - Recovery 4 Women Tele-Group Wed. 9pm-10pm. A weekly group for women who are clean and sober for 5 months or longer. Join other women on this journey to a more significant recovery – a Recovery of Self! Attend from the comfort of your home each Wednesday by telephone. $75/month payable in advance. Call Dena 954-920-5020.
• Hollywood Women's Club: All are welcome to join, come and make new friends. In addition to cultural and social meetings, we raise funds for charitable projects and participate in civic affairs. Address: 501 North 14th Avenue, Hollywood. Second Wednesday of the Month at 7 p.m., call: (954) 925-9394.
• Learn English now: Need a high school diploma to get a better job or enter college? South Broward Community School offers adults the opportunity to learn English in an ongoing free ESOL class and free GED prep for adults. Students must take a required placement test before beginning the class. An annual activity fee of $10 and a $10 testing fee applies. Testing is on Monday at 5:30 p.m. is the GED class and Wednesday evening at 5:30 p.m. is the ESOL class. South Broward Community School is located at 1901 N. Federal Hwy in Hollywood, 4 blocks south of Sheridan Street on Harding Street and US-1. For further information, please call the South Broward Community School at: (754) 323-1900.
• Women Professionals Power Lunch Tele-Group Thurs. Noon-1pm. Strategize, work on personal and professional development, create balance and move forward in life and work with greater success. Conveniently from anywhere, meet 1st & 3rd Thurs each month by Telephone. $50/month payable in advance. Call Coach Dena 954-920-5020
• Border Patrol: Reclaiming Personal Boundaries Thurs.7pm-8pm. A weekly support group to gain skills, strategies and resources to improve your life through healthy boundaries. Meets for 8 weeks. $150 payable in advance. (2 payments of $85 may be made). Call Sandra 954-668-7689.
• Caring for Caregivers Tele-Group Thursdays 9pm-10pm. A twice monthly group providing support, information, strategies, skills and resources for caregivers. Meeting 1st & 3rd Thurs conveniently by telephone. $40/month. Call Dena 954-920-5020.
• Gentle Hatha Yoga Flow with Karen Rich weekly on Thursdays at 2 PM at the Hollywood Beach Cultural Center 1301 S Ocean Dr. Yoga poses and breathing techniques to relieve stress and increase flexibility, strength and balance. Memorial Senior Partners members $7. 954-924-2954.
• The South Florida Depression Glass Club meets on the third Thursday of the month at 7:30 p.m. at the Hollywood Multi-Purpose Adult Center, 2030 Polk Street, Hollywood. Please call: (954) 964-8073 for more information.
• American Legion Post 92 - 211 North 21st Avenue, Hollywood. The ladies Auxiliary has bingo every Thursday night beginning at 6:00 p.m. Food available. For further information, please call: (954) 923-2760.
• Every Thursday: An OjimaReiki empowerment circle is open to the public. It is from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Hollywood Beach Culture and Community Center, 1301 South Ocean Drive, on A1A, just south of the Hollywood Boulevard bridge. The circle is hosted by Reiki masters and Holistic Life Coaches Gilbert and Mary Lou Cruz. Everyone is invited to attend; a $5 donation to the OjimaLifeWorks scholarship fund is suggested. For more information, call: (954) 381-2418 Or visit: www.ojimalifeworks.com.
• Who's In Control? Anger Group - Fridays 10am-11am. Anger is a normal response in certain situations. It is how we respond that is important. This group will help you understand what anger is, how it affects your body and health, gain strategies & skills to effectively control your anger. Meeting weekly for 12 weeks in Hollywood. $75/ per 4-week month. Call Dena 954-920-5020.
• Nicotene Anonymous: If you would like to learn how to quit smoking, join us from 7 p.m. - 8 p.m. 2nd and 4th Friday's of the month at Satellite Court House, East entrance, 3550 Hollywood Blvd. For more information, call: (954) 467-1669.
• Funtastic Fridays For Kids: A free event series, features Mama Clown and Friends, an outdoor movie, bounce house, face painting, balloon twisting, magic, arts and crafts and activities from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. every Friday at Arts Park on Hollywood Blvd. in Downtown Hollywood. Several downtown restaurants offer free dinner for kids 10 and younger from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Fridays through April. Call: 954-921-3404 Or visit our web-site at: www.downtownhollywood.com.
• Second Saturday of every month. Looking for a great way to spend your Saturday night? Wanting something fun, yet inexpensive? Look no further! Join us every month on the 2nd Saturday for our Dead Poet's & Other Friends Open Mic. We tend to have a ton of great entertainers turn out for our event. Where else can you go on a Saturday night, spend $2, get one soft drink (or water), as much popcorn as you want, and great entertainment? We have everything from musicians, poets, story tellers, comedians, and more! Feel the urge to get up and show your talents off? Then just let one of the volunteers know. They will be glad to add you to the line up. So join us the 2nd Saturday of every month at The Unitarian Fellowship of South Florida located at 1812 Roosevelt Street, Hollywood, FL 33020 from 7:30PM until the last performer leaves the stage for a night of fun! For more information please call (954) 300-1812.
• Gelfand Good Morning Toastmasters Club: Overcome your fear of public speaking, hone your presentation skills, and network with other business professionals in a warm, friendly atmosphere. Gelfand is part of Toastmasters International, the premier worldwide organization dedicated to developing public speaking and leadership skills. We meet 8:30-10:30 a.m. every Saturday at Picadilly Cafeteria, 4500 Hollywood Blvd. in Hollywood. Cost: $5; includes buffet breakfast. Call 954-336-6677 or visit gelfand.toastmastersclubs.org.
• Creative Woman Workshops - Saturdays 9:30am-4:30pm, 4 week Series. A series of 4 full-day workshops to help women become economically self-sustaining - designed to educate women, who are out of work or have limited income, with ways to earn money through money literacy, creative projects & social entrepreneurship. Meeting weekly in Hollywood. $250 (Lunch and educational materials included). Limited partial scholarships may be available. Call Dena 954-920-5020.
• The Disabled American Veterans (DAV) South Broward County Chapter #41, Inc. meets every third Saturday of the month from September through June at 2118 Scott Street, Hollywood at 12:00 noon. For information, call Commander Hughes at: (954) 967-8631.
• Arts and Laughs Saturday Art Camp offers a variety of art classes for children and adults, starting at 9:00 a.m. and ending at 4:00 p.m. Classes are $12.00 per class hour and babysitting is available for a nominal fee during classes. Half and full day prices available. Join us at Saint John's Lutheran Church, 2919 Van Buren Street, Hollywood. For further information call: (954) 964-3739 or: (954) 240-1681.
• Development communication & leadership skills with the Gelfand Good Morning Toastmasters Club. We meet every Saturday morning from 8:30am to 10:30am at 4500 Hollywood Blvd. Go to http://gelfandtm.weebly.com for more info.
• "Zumba with Jinyann! Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:30-7:30 p.m. and Saturdays 10:00-11:00 a.m. At South Florida Han Mu Do, 3019 Johnson st. Hollywood. It is $8.00 per class, packages are available. Wear comfortable clothing, bring a towel and water. Call 954-298-3808 for more information. Fun is waiting for you!
• DANCE CLASSES - Learn Tango to Salsa, Foxtrot to Swing and everything in between. Couples and Singles. Mon. 1 to 2:15PM, Thurs. 12:30 to 2:30PM Great to know for all social functions, including cruises. Meet new people and socialize. $7.00 for Members. Non-Members addit'l charge of $5.00. Lifetime Membership $10 for Hollywood residents till June 1st then $25. Age 50 and over. Memorial Senior Partners now located at the Hollywood Com. Ctr. 1301 So. Ocean Dr. Memorial also offers Line Dance Classes Mon, Tues, Thurs. Call 954.924.2954.
• Diabetes Support Groups - Memorial Regional Hospital South, 3600 Washington Street, Hollywood, 3rd floor of the hospital. Groups meet every 3rd Thursday at 1:00 pm and the 4th Wednesday at 6:00 p.m., December meeting has been postponed and will resume in January, for more info, call: (954) 518-5275.
• Joseph Meyerhoff/Southeast Focal Point Senior Center: On Taft Street in Hollywood offers free classes for Seniors 60+. Classes include Yoga, Tai Chi, Meditation, Current Events, Painting, Jewelry Making, Brain Aerobics, Bridge, Defensive Driving and more. Bus transportation provided. We also take seniors on special trips to restaurants, museums and shows. THERE IS SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE! There is also a separate adult day care program for seniors who are frail or have Alzheimer's. For more information, please call Janet at: (954) 966-9805.
• Card Game: Join Central Business Club in Hollywood. Men's and women's card club. 14 card Rummy, Poker or your own game. Bring your own players. Private parties, catering. Dinner for $17.00. Refreshments during games offered. Both optional. Call Susan: (954) 454-9232.
• Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday you can again enjoy tournament play at Mardi Gras Racetrack and Gaming Center; formerly Hollywood Greyhound Track. Simple table tournaments are back daily. For additional information, call: (954) 924-3167.
• Laughter Yoga – "World Peace through Laughter"; Free; 8:30 a.m.; TY Park (Pavilion 4) Park Road and Sheridan Street; www.zeblaru.com for directions and more information or call: (954) 989-3774.
• Hollywood Community School: Offers adults the opportunity to learn English in an ongoing free ESOL class. Students must take a required placement test before beginning the class. An annual activity fee of $10 & a $10 testing fee applies. Testing is held Tuesday & Thursday evenings at 5:30 p.m. The Hollywood Hills Community School is located at 5400 Stirling Road, Room 104. For further information, please call: (754) 323-1150.
• Mended Hearts Chapter 161: A support group for heart patients and their families will meet at Memorial Regional Hospital, 3501 Johnson Street, Hollywood at 12:00 p.m. rap discussion, meeting to follow at 1:00 p.m. Also: Satellite meeting at 1:00 p.m. at Memorial Hospital West. Mended Hearts is affiliated with the American Heart Association. Speaker, refreshments, free. For more information, please call James Gauck at: 954-608-4227.
• Hollywood Bridge Club Triple point games Mon thru Fri at 12:30 pm. Supervised play Mon and Thurs with David Temple Sinai-1400 N. 46th Ave-Hollywood-$8 entry fee. Bagels & Cream Cheese daily-Tuna & Egg salad on Wed. Call David 954-600-1899 or Sedat 954-790-3010 for more information.
• Diabetes? Join a free location diabetes support group! Learn how to use your body weight and your daily self-monitored blood sugars to check your diabetes prescription. See how to improve your blood sugar control. Hands-on experience will be through personal computers provided for each participant every Tuesday 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Hollywood Beach Culture and Community Center 1301 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood. For more info: (954) 270-2662.
• Men's Senior Golf Scramble: In Hollywood Every Tuesday at ECO golf course at 8:15 a.m. Call: (954) 922-8755. Every Thursday at SUNSET golf course at 8:15 a.m. Sunday Scramble at 8:30 a.m. open to men and women of all ages and abilities. For more information, please call: (954) 923-2008. Golf for men 50+ years and older.
• Make-A-Wish of Southern Florida: Wants to hear from you if you know of a child with a life-threatening medical condition. Please contact, Make-A-Wish at: (954) 967-WISH.
• Low cost pre-school South Broward Learning Center 6:30 A.M. to 6:30 P.M. Serving ages 2 - 5. Breakfast, lunch and snack provided, call: (954) 924-3611.
• Come join us for Kundalini Yoga.These ancient teachings are designed to give you a hands-on approach to experiencing your deepest emotions and highest consciousness. Relax, stretch, breathe and meditate. Your instructor, Jiwan Kaur is certified and trained by KRI. Classes are Monday nights 7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. and thursday mornings 9:30 a.m. - 11 a.m. at Temple Beth El, 1351 South 14th Avenue, Hollywood. For more information, please call: (954) 445-6775.
• Hollywood Bridge Club Duplicate Mon-Fri at 12:30 p.m. $8 entry. Supervised play Tuesday with David-$8 fee, Bagels & Cream Cheese daily and Egg/Tuna salad on Tues. We now have a second club location open in Hallandale at Club Tropical, (Next to Fran Kaufman) on Sat., Mon, and Wed. at 12:30 p.m. Lessons for beginners, intermediates and advanced. Please call David for details: (954) 600-1899 Or Sedat: (954) 790-3010 or visit our web-site at: www.hollywoodbridgeclub.com.
• Walking Club, T.Y. (Topeekeegee Yugnee) Park (Hollywood): For all ages, 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Free. Awards to walkers who reach 100-miles, 200-miles, 600-miles and 1,000-mile distances. Bandanas will be awarded to dogs that walk with their owners, call: (954) 985-1980. Walking Club, Hollywood North Beach Park. All ages. Times vary: (954) 926-2480.
• Wee Wiggle and Sing - Early Childhood Music Classes: Along with an accompanying parent or caregiver, children ages 2-5 years meet weekly to enjoy singing, moving, listening, interacting socially and playing simple instruments. Carefully guided and developmentally appropriate curriculum developed by leaders in the field of early childhood music and movement. Classes are offered by the City of Hollywood, Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts on Wednesdays and Friday at 1:00 p.m. $84.00 for 8 weeks. Visit http://weewiggleandsing.com for more information.
• George Gershwin Lodge 196: Knights of Pythias has a new home in North Miami. We are a non-profit fraternal organization and need new members. We now offer, free of charge, a grave site at a Miami Cemetery. All you have to do is join our Fraternal organization. We are well-known for all the charity work we do. Contact us at George Gershwin Lodge 196 Knights of Pythias: (954) 680-3412 or: (954) 326-6362.??
• Amateur Jai Alai – free lessons: You've seen it, bet on it, now you can play it! Amateur Jai-Alai has come to Florida! FREE lessons given at Hallandale Beach handball courts and American Amateur Jai-Alai Fronton in North Miami. (A Not-For-Profit Organization) from ex-Dania pros Raul and Luis. Cestas & rubber balls supplied, 100% safe. Ages 12-72 welcome. Call: (786) 629-5428 Or e-mail: admanUSA@aol.com.??
• Jewelry Design classes are being held every 1st, 3rd and 5th Wednesday at 11:30 AM at the Griffing Center in North Miami. Learn how to design and make necklaces, bracelets, earrings and more. Class projects teach various skills needed to make any style of strung jewelry. The 8-class session is $32 plus an annual membership center fee. Students will provide their own beads and supplies to suit their personal preference. The Griffing Center is located at 12220 NE 3rd Ave (Griffing Blvd) in North Miami. For more information, contact Amy at: (305) 788-0484.??
NORTH MIAMI BEACH
?• Public Speaking: Toastmaster Daybreak Club, Toastmasters has helped thousands of people learn to speak comfortably in public. Plus, you'll gain more confidence and learn leadership skills. Free guest visit/$39 to join for 6 months. We meet the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month. North Miami Beach Library conference room, 1601 Northeast 164th Street. For info, call Rick Zoehfeld, VP Membership: (305) 948-7343 Or: email@example.com.??
• New jewelry making class is being held every Tuesday at 6:45 p.m. in the McDonald Center in North Miami Beach. Learn how to make beautiful bracelets and necklaces using the stringing method of beading and don't forget about a matching pair of earrings to go with your new creation! $12 introductory class and $10 for each additional class. Materials are extra. Contact Amy Werba at: (305) 788-0484 for more information and a supply list. The McDonald Center is located at 17051 Northeast 19th Avenue, that's the corner of Northeast 171st Street and Northeast 19th Avenue. Meet in the Teen Lounge.
??• Exercise class – North Miami Beach. 9 a.m., Monday-Wednesday-Friday. Gym and Pool. $6 for 6 weeks. All welcome. Call: (305) 948-2972.??
• Weekly classes for men and women at the Dovid Byrn Library - 2601 Northeast 211th Terrace in Highland Lakes, Monday night ethics. Mishna Ethics from the Talmud and Kabbala Mondays: 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Parsha Highlights, Kabbalistic, mystical insights to the weekly Torah Portion, Wednesdays: 8:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Torah for tots, for up to 5 year olds and their parents, it's exciting, fun and educational! Tuesdays and Thursdays: 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. Call: (305) 770-1919.??
• Overeaters Anonymous – Back on Track Club, 20377 NE 15th Court, North Miami Beach (Sheet Metal Union Building), 2nd floor. Thursdays, 7:15 p.m. - 8:30 pm. Beginners meeting No dues, fees or weigh-ins. Everyone welcome! Contact Dawn at: (305) 527-7118 or Marc at: (305) 527-6080.??
• Vegetarians Singles Club Hatha Yoga Class – Non-profit organizations, Vegetarian Singles meets at Skylake Recreation Club room 18654 Northeast 18 Avenue, North Miami Beach on various Sundays at various times. Hatha Yoga classes are held at 12399 West Dixie Highway, Healthy Living Center on Thursdays starting at 6:30 p.m. On Wednesday night at 6:00 p.m., the King David Foundation, 17971 Biscayne Boulevard. All classes FREE, sponsored by the Miami-Dade County Public Schools. Call Bennett at any time to be placed on our mailing list, for more information or to join our clubs: (305) 949-0950.
??• Jewish War Veterans Post and Auxilary #682 of North Miami Beach meets the 4th Sunday of every month. Everyone is invited to attend. Free breakfast is provided. For more information, please call: (954) 457-9178 Or: (305) 945-4875.??
• Poets & writers forum: Monthly forum in which poets & writers can share the joy of words. 1 p.m. first Sat. of each month at North Miami Beach Public Library, 1601 Northeast 164th Street, North Miami Beach. Free admission, call: (305) 932-0907.
??• Seniors vs. Crime is a special project of the Attorney General's Office of the State of Florida with 35 offices throughout the state. Trained volunteers will provide free assistance to the elderly (or any adult) who might have been scammed or victimized by contractors or other unscrupulous businesses. Visit the local office at the North Miami Beach Police Station, 16901 NE 19th Ave., open 10 a.m - 2 p.m. Mon.-Wed., call for appointment: (305) 948-2955. Visit: www.seniorsvscrime.com.??• Duplicate bridge $3.00. Mondays & Thursdays at 12:30 p.m. at the North Miami Beach Community Center, 17051 Northeast 19th Avenue. Please call Ruth Norton, for more information at: 305 931-2286.